2009 Book Launch and Reading at Roots, Toronto
Date: July 14 & 18th, 2009
Launch Party photos:
Franke James Book Launch at Roots
Will I see you on the 14th?
Wrap Up Post: Bothered By My Green Conscience Launch
Toronto Star: Green conscience inspires change “Franke James knows it isn’t easy being green. And when people ask the Toronto-based artist and environmentalist what they can do to become greener, she gives them the hard truth, literally. “Do the hardest thing first while we are strong and before we change our minds,” she says…”
Woman.ca: Franke James: The Great Canadian Green Driveway Pioneer “In a non-preachy and humorous fashion, Franke’s book explains how she made big decisions that were suitable to her lifestyle and in turn significantly reduced her personal contribution to environmental waste and damage. Franke’s advice: “do the hardest thing first.”…”
See more: http://woman.ca/great-green-leaders/1617-green-driveway-pioneer-top-eco-trends-conservation-water
Flare Magazine: Green Read “Sipping on cucumber water and organic beer, guests pondered their own green guilt at last night’s launch of Bothered by My Green Conscience a new book by Torontonian Franke James…”
See more: http://blog.flare.com/entertainment/green-read/
Book Reviews: https://www.frankejames.com/debate/?p=116
- Bothered by My Green Conscience: Winner, 2010 Green Book Festival Award for Graphic Novels.
- Lindsay Borthwick’s PopTech Review: “James pioneered a way of communicating about a cause”
- Sheril Kirshenbaum’s Discover Magazine Review: “This is no ordinary book… an extremely successful convergence of images and ideas.”
- ForeWord Reviews: “This is not a bummer book… James may just have landed on the perfect combination of earnestness and wit, gravity and self-effacing commentary.”
- Montreal Gazette: “Toronto artist Franke James delivers a fun read on climate change”
Buy the Book on Amazon
Comments are closed.